Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Student Reflections

My students have unexpectedly started commenting on my personal blog entries, but I'm very much enjoying it. It's helpful to have responses from their persepectives as well, as most of my blog entries are questions and comments regarding the success of constructivism and technology in their classes. Also, two of my students have started their own blogspot in which they hold theological debates. As always, my teaching life is somewhat out of control, but at least there's always something new.

As an aside, the article on grading somewhat offended me. I agree with its overall message (I always differentiate between grades and feedback, and I encourage my students to value the latter), but some of the word choices were insulting. I don't use grades to "threaten" my students, and I find no "relief" in assigning grades. I agonize over assessing my students work until I'm physically sick with stress. Who is the author of this article, anyway?

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

If you think it's appropriate, send me the URL for the theological blog and I'll add it to the sidebar for The Fischbowl.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Karl Fisch said...

I just went back and read what your students posted. I thought the two posts by the student about tracking were very interesting - that might be something to share with our class at some point.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home