Monday, June 05, 2006

Nothing To Do with Anything

A few inspiring aquatic thoughts for and by kind-of-constructivists (although this has nothing to do with education, unless you're planning on being a fisherman or cabana boy):

“The sea-shore is a sort of neutral ground, a most advantageous point from which to contemplate this world. It is even a trivial place. The waves forever rolling to the land are too far-travelled and untamable to be familiar. Creeping along the endless beach amid the sun-squall and the foam, it occurs to us that we, too, are the product of sea-slime.”
~
Henry David Thoreau, "Cape Cod"

“Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.”
~Stephen Wright

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr. McNamar said...

I ran across your blog and have decided to add it to my blogroll.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Cara S. said...

Man, you're smart. Reading those quotes and attempting to understand them really makes me feel like sea slime!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Karl Fisch said...

So when sea-slime comes in contact with sponges in the ocean, do the sponges clean the sea-slime?

9:11 PM  
Blogger shamitap said...

Hi Ms. Kakos! I wouldn't be surprised if Holden Caufield had written that second quote (or spoken it rather)!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Ashley M said...

Ms. Kakos,

I just checked my blog and I am so happy that you got tickets for Wicked and that you are reading the book as well. I know you will love it! I hope you are having a great summer so far, it seems to be going by really quickly.

~Ashley

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home